The Emerald Forest (1985) (en)
Slogan: What kind of man would return year after year for ten years to rescue a missing boy from the most savage jungle in the world? His father.
- Original title: The Emerald Forest
- Evaluation: 6.8 (Votes: 160)
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, Action
- Release date 1985-06-22 (1985)
- Duration: 114 Min
- Keywords: amazon rainforest, deforestation, indigenous peoples, jaguar, parent child relationship, amazon, south america, rainforest, based on a true story, missing child, child kidnapping, jungle
For ten years, engineer Bill Markham has searched tirelessly for his son Tommy who disappeared from the edge of the Brazilian rainforest. Miraculously, he finds the boy living among the reclusive Amazon tribe who adopted him. And that's when Bill's adventure truly begins. For his son is now a grown tribesman who moves skillfully through this beautiful-but-dangerous terrain, fearful only of those who would exploit it. And as Bill attempts to "rescue" him from the savagery of the untamed jungle, Tommy challenges Bill's idea of true civilization and his notions about who needs rescuing.